Bungalow with swimming pool
Benefits for hotel website booking:
- Express check in
- Return transfers to airport
- Tuk-tuk from 7h00 to 17h00
- Welcome drink with cool towels on arrival
- Mini bar with daily replenishment
- Complimentary pool side treat
- International breakfast
- High speed WIFI in the hotel
- Mobile phone with local sim-card and 5$ credit (on request)
- Complimentary shoe cleaning service and clothes ironing service
- Nightly turndown service (romantic turn down will be offered to honeymooners)
- Complimentary mosquito repellent
- Early check in before 12:00, subject to availability
- Complimentary late check out until 14:00, subject to availability
1 – Mouy / The house of many roofs
Suite Lodge – One bedroom
House No. 1, “Mouy” in Khmer, distinguishes itself by its unique triple roof and its horizontal cladding. It is one of the first to be seen by visitors on their arrival at Sala Lodges and is situated on the right-hand side of the main pathway. It was the last house to be delivered to the site, in September, 2012.
This house was spotted in Ta Prom, a village in Siem Reap province situated some 60 kilometres from the town. Built by a master carpenter in 1957, it is embellished with many decorative features as its “architect” put all of his heart and knowledge into building his home. Bunrom Ren, the son and heir to the house had to move. With his wife, Theav Phou, and their children, this farmer had been forced to take care of rice paddies far from his home. To prevent his parents’ home from being reduced to fragments, the 40-year-old man decided to sell.
The bedroom of approximately 50 m2 is decorated with patinated furniture from India, a country which has had a strong influence on Khmer culture. At the time of its construction in the XIIth century, the famous temple Angkor Wat was initially consecrated to the Hindu god Vishnu before being dedicated to Buddhism towards the XVIth century. The Khmer language contains many words with their origin in Sanskrit. The room is decorated with light-colored fabrics and a long water hyacinth carpet which invites the travellers to relax after a long day of outings. The alcove provides intimacy between the main room and the sofa corner.
The enormous bathroom of almost 10 m2 is equipped with a rain shower.
The house of many roofs can accommodate up to three adults and one child below 12 years old. Sleeping arrangements are modular: a double bed and a single bed or three single beds and an extra bed*.
There is a no smoking policy in all houses.
Two single beds of 107 cm x 200 cm
A sofa bed of 90 cm x 200 cm
*An extra bed of 90 cm x 200 cm for US$50.- per night
- Air conditioning & fans
- Mosquito nets
- Free Wi-Fi access & telephone
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Safety deposit box
- Shoe polishing
- Laundry service
On request (no price supplement):
- Flat-screen television with DVD player
- Baby’s cot