Benefits for hotel website booking:
- Express check in
- Return transfers to airport
- Tuk-tuk from 7h00 to 17h00
- Welcome drink with cool towels on arrival
- Mini bar with daily replenishment
- Complimentary pool side treat
- International breakfast
- High speed WIFI in the hotel
- Mobile phone with local sim-card and 5$ credit (on request)
- Complimentary shoe cleaning service and clothes ironing service
- Nightly turndown service (romantic turn down will be offered to honeymooners)
- Complimentary mosquito repellent
- Early check in before 12:00, subject to availability
- Complimentary late check out until 14:00, subject to availability
12 – Dop pi / The hobby horse
Suite Lodge – One bedroom
House No. 12, “Dop pi” in Cambodian, has a distinctive feature in that it has just one roof with two sides. Given this, it is impressive both externally and internally. “Dop pi” takes its name from the two handrails which end with a horse’s head carved out of wood. Sala Lodges welcomed this house in 2012.
This house was located in Kompong Chèn, in the commune of Kompong Chèn Tbon. This village which means “port of the southern Chinese”, is situated in the province of Kompong Thom, 80 kilometres from Siem Reap. This construction dates from 1956 and belonged to Madame Ro Hong, a 70-year-old lady who came from a wealthy family of Chinese traders who made their fortune in groceries.
Situated at the edge of the land, not far from the restaurant, this house contains a multitude of borders and carvings, all equally surprising. Three splendid doors with four panels open on to a vast terrace of 16 m2. The large 10 m2 bathroom comes complete with a rain shower.
The hobby horse can accommodate three adults and a child below 12 years old, two in a large double bed, in a sofa bed and an extra bed*. The bedroom in shades of whites and reds measures 38.5 m2 and has been decorated with patinated furniture from India, a country which has had a strong influence on Khmer culture. At the time of its construction in the XIIth century, the famous temple Angkor Wat was initially consecrated to the Hindu god Vishnu before being dedicated to Buddhism towards the XVIth century. The Khmer language contains many words with their origin in Sanskrit.
There is a no smoking policy in all houses.
A double bed of 180 cm x 200 cm
A sofa bed of 90 cm x 200 cm
*An extra bed of 90 cm x 200 cm for US$50.- per night
- Air conditioning & fans
- Mosquito nets
- Free Wi-Fi access & telephone
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Safety deposit box
- Shoe polishing
- Laundry service
On request (no price supplement):
- Flat-screen television with DVD player
- Baby’s cot